We recognize that toddlers are striving to be self-reliant. The toddler rooms are designed to offer a safe, secure and loving environment where the children engage in challenging and meaningful activities at their own pace.
- Toddlers learn through exploration, observation and play. Opportunities are provided for
pretending, participating in small groups and playing by themselves throughout the day.
- Large motor experiences are provided indoors and outdoors in a safe environment.
- Many opportunities for small motor development are offered. Toddlers explore using hands
and fingers in a variety of age-appropriate activities.
- Toddlers have opportunities to experience songs, books, finger plays, and interactive games.
The children are read to individually and in small groups. Books are always accessible for
- Daily communication is provided.
Learn more about our HighReach curriculum for Toddlers through early Preschool.
In the preschool classrooms, the children learn to be a cooperative part of the group. Teachers help children learn to respect others and to work as a team, fostering a sense of community within the classroom.
- Activities are planned to provide opportunities and experiences that incorporate large group
and small group time. Curriculum content areas include math, science, literacy, technology,
social studies and the arts. These are not isolated areas of learning. Instead, teachers
develop projects that expand children's skills and knowledge across disciplines, creating an
- Materials that support fine-motor and large-motor development are offered. Well supervised
physical activity is offered through the day. Dance, exercise, games and playing on the
playground equipment promotes large-motor coordination. Fine-motor dexterity is attained
through learning self-help skills, experimenting with writing and mastering small manipulatives.
- Language and literacy is developed through conversational experiences, through teachers
reading books aloud during large group time and in individualized settings daily and through
classroom environments rich in print.
Learn more about our “Big Day, Big Fun” curriculum for Preschool 1-3 Classrooms.
The pre-kindergarten classroom environment is more structured than our preschool classrooms. Learning takes place through a variety of hand-on experiences and exploration.
- Children are encouraged to begin understanding how they fit into the classroom, the
community and their world. This is done by providing children the opportunity to participate in
classroom decisions and plan classroom activities.
- Language and literacy skills at this level include having access to various types of books,
including storybooks, factual books, number and letter books. Conversations about the
content of a book, discussions about linking books to other aspects of the curriculum and
adding new words to increase vocabulary are provided by the teachers.
- Daily opportunities are offered to fine tune large-motor skills and explore creative expression
through dance, music and art.
- Our pre-kindergarten program focuses on kindergarten readiness in a developmentally
- Community involvement is encouraged through field trips and special visitors
- Our prekindergarten teachers meet with kindergarten teachers from our local school
district Schools to insure that our students are prepared for kindergarten.
Learn More about our “Opening the World of Learning” curriculum for the PreKindergarten
Full Day, Private Kindergarten
Our small class size and degreed teachers insure that each child receives the individual attention needed to be ready for school and ready to learn. Area elementary teachers request Pine Hills Learning Place graduates.
- 2 degreed teachers compared to a teacher and a part time aide in most schools
- Low class size as compared to most schools
- High standard of academics and success in elementary school
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Price includes before and after school care - 6am to 6pm
- Fieldtrips, science fair, Spanish and sign language classes, Christmas program,
spring graduation ceremony, and so much more!
Before and After School Care
Children are taken to school and picked up either on their school's bus or on one of the Pine Hills Learning Place's 7 buses. We know that the children have spent a very structured day, working hard at school. Here they eat a healthy snack, and choose between active play or quiet activites with their friends.
- Transportation to and from all area elementary schools
- Fleet of 7 buses
- Planned themes and activities
- Healthy breakfast before school and nutritious snack after school
- Full Size Gym
- Supervised homework
- Open for all school closure days except 6 major holiday with activities and field trips planned
to keep the children safe and engaged
- Available for school delays and closures
Summer Day Camp
Summer camp gives children in grades Kindergarten-6th grade an active, memorable and fun summer.
- Daily field trips designed for learning and fun
- Gym - Many sports & games are planned including basketball, kickball, soccer, relay races,
& much more! Our emphasis is on teamwork and sportsmanship.
- We believe that music & movement are essential for developing young minds.
We offer a variety of musical experiences such as: talent shows, dance contests, lip sync battles, chapel and much more!
- Plug the Summer Brain Drain - Research shows that children lose 1-2 months of educational
skills during the summer. We offer enrichment activities to keep the children's minds active
and not running on empty when school resumes.